Thursday, May 31, 2012

My dorm!

Hey everyone! My name is Bri and I will be a third year (P1) student in the fall!
You are all probably wondering what the dorms look like, how you can set them up and how you're going to decorate them!
First, I just want to give you some basic info about the dorms. Each room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave, so you don't need to worry about buying those! You have a bathroom with a shower in your room, so you just share with your roommates instead of a whole hallway. You have to bring your own shower curtain for the shower, so make sure you pick one up before you move in! You can arrange the beds in many different fashions - bunked, high, low, however you want! You get to control your heat and air conditioning in your room, which is awesome! If you want to have a TV, make sure you bring a cable cord.
There are three different types of rooms - doubles, triples and quads. You will find out what type of room you have in August. When you have a double, you have one room. But, if you have a triple or quad, you have two rooms!

I took some pictures of my dorm when I moved into South Hall first year, and I'll share them with you! I lived in a double.

Here is my bed. My roommate and I decided to have ours bunked, but you can have them any way you want! You also have plenty of space under the beds for storage, which is great!

The desks are really big, which make them perfect to spread out and study :) I decorated mine with pictures of my friends of home so that I would feel close to them and miss them less!

Here are my (decorated) fridge and microwave 

I decided to bring a TV, and on top of my dresser was the perfect spot. I also put sticky notes of building hours (like the library, fitness center and dining hall) and my schedule to help me learn them.

And last but not least! The bathroom!


I hope this gives you a good idea of what your dorm will look like and you are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment