Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hey guys, it's Bri!
I hope your summers are fun filled and relaxing!
I stayed in Albany for the summer to take Biochemistry and Molecular Biology to get ahead for 3rd year. Each class is 6 weeks long, and I'm in my last week of Biochemistry right  now! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. Biochem was all about proteins and enzymes and how they regulate the body. We also learned a lot about how drugs influence the body. As a PharmD student, it is so exciting to finally start learning about drugs and how they work! For example, Statins, a type of medication prescribed to people who have high cholesterol, work by interfering with and preventing the production of cholesterol, which helps many people reduce their high cholesterol!
My final for Biochem is this Thursday and then we have next week off! I'm going to spending my time relaxing and hanging out with friends before I head back to Albany for Molecular Biology.
Can you guys believe that you move in so soon? Less than two months! keep enjoying summer time!


No comments:

Post a Comment